Athens, Greece 2018.
Born in 1942 in Balad, Iraq, Ajwad Alazzawi began his artistic journey in the 1960s through Arabic calligraphy then painting and ceramics. He obtained a doctorate in Economy of Development in 1980 from Grenoble University II, France. He later worked as an economic expert and diplomat.
Ajwad Alazzawi’s art during the 1980s and 1990s reflected Iraq’s colours and lines. After 2009, his art took another direction with emphasis on bigger canvases and experimentations to capture something new.
Ajwad Alazzawi is based in Athens, Greece.
- 2016 : Hewar Gallery - “ Rounded Angles “, Baghdad (Iraq)
- 2014 : Hewar Gallery - “ Crossroads ”, Baghdad (Iraq)
- 2009 : Jeddah Atelier for Fine Arts - “Revealing the Nineties”, Jeddah (KSA)
- 2016 : UNESCO Hall - “ Iraqi Painters ”, Beirut (Lebanon)
- 2016 : Museum de la cour d’or Metz Métropole - “ L’Irak, Créer malgré tout ”, Metz (France)
- 2016 : Annual Iraqi Society for Fine Arts, Baghdad (Iraq)
- 2015 : Al Adwani Exhibition Hall - “ Iraqi Artists ”, Kuwait (Kuwait)
- 2015 : Annual Iraqi Society for Fine Arts, Baghdad (Iraq)
- 2014 : French Cultural Institute in Baghdad - “ Nawafteh Exhibition ”, Baghdad (Iraq)
- 2013 : Annual Iraqi Society for Fine Arts, Baghdad (Iraq)
- 2018 : Ajwad Alazzawi: Coloured Scars on The Wall
- 2016 : AJWAD ALAZZAWI 2016